Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trying to go to my happy place right now.

I'm reserving this blog space for a personal rant. One of the few things I liked about ULM was the arrangement of the campus: it was more compact, and parking was more accommodating. Tech's campus is spread out, and while the parking isn't great, it's adequate. Still, many people complain about the parking, and with good reason.

It's not that there aren't enough spaces. It's just that, for some reason, students like to park in ways that leave enough space between cars to fit another car, but not enough space to maneuver into the empty spot successfully. I can not tell you how many times I've come to school, seen a sliver of room, and then tried to wiggle my car into place. After a few minutes, I usually give up. Sad thing is, I drive a pretty small car - 2006 Toyota Corolla, specifically. Even my carpool buddy has issues trying to snag these spots, and she drives an even smaller Mazda Protege.

It's really - excuse the language - really fucking annoying. I wish I would've thought to take pictures, though I can imagine anyone else reading this blog that's a student at Tech knows exactly what I'm talking about. It's not enough that I leave for class an hour early, but then I have to creep and stalk around the parking lot like a lion looking for some wounded gazelle to pounce on. I don't have the patience. I waste it on more important things: like waiting on tech support over the phone, and sitting in the bank drive through and suffering through back-to-back episodes of NCIS to get to Law & Order.

So please, quit parking like an asshole. It really drives me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment